Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

To continue with my previous post...and to include all three kids in the fun, I have finished the second of 3 framed scrapbook pages!  This page is especially adorable because it truely captures the fun & sillyness of my middle child.

On this layout, I incorporate a pull tab for journaling.  I like to do this every once in a while because I think that journaling can sometimes detract from the intended focus of the page...in this case the focus is on his adorable little face.


I started with a solid blue background, added 11 X 12 stripe accent, then the polka dots, stars and more stripes - all designer papers are from Bo-Bunny Shabby Princess Collection, with solid red tucked in here & there.  I outlined his name and age with a frame cut using a Quickkutz folder from long ago...I had that sitting in a box- I couldn't throw it away. The buttons -generic, and star clip- making memories, cheeky flat clips, made nice accents to the page and the "so fun" was cut from white card stock, using my cricut and distressed with denim ink from Close to My Heart.  The tag for the journaling card (tucked under the picture) was punched using Stampin' Up! punches.

It seems as though a lot of time and energy went into this page, but actually, it wasn't that difficult - especially considering the subject! :)

I will post the third and final layout soon!  I hope this helps to get you motivated to pull out those pics and get them started.  I felt that this was my way of at least getting to scrap current photos - even though I am notoriously behind on my scrapbooking!

Thanks for looking!!

stay inspired!

Roseanne

No comments: