Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Autumn!

Today I am showing one of my Prickley Pear submissions. Again, I was not selected but I have learned a lot having tried. What did I learn? Well, if you don't try, then you know how that ends...also, I don't think I post enough and I don't take the time to craft enough either. So, 1) I will post more often (so check back regularly ;)), and 2) I will make time for my papercrafting!

This is a very easy card to make and it has a lot of WOW factor when its done! I started with a basic white base and added Early Esspresso, Bordering Blue (discontinued from SU!), and a piece of designer paper from the "granola" paper pad made by BasicGrey. I distressed each piece of paper separately to make sure I added enough diversity of dimension to each layer. I then stamped Autumn from the Season By Season stamp set by SU! using Early Espresso and distressed the white paper also. Finally I added a wide striped ribbon ~ also from SU! to finish it. Additional touches that could be adde are dark rhinestones to the blue flower or even glitter if you wanted to feminize the card just a little bit. I, myself, decided to just leave it.

Distressing is a very easy technique that adds dimension and 'age' to any project. Becareful though, it does tend to stain your fingers...but it washes off.

I hope you like this card as much as I do! As always, any and all comments are welcome.

Thanks for stopping and Happy Stamping.

Roseanne
Posted by Picasa

No comments: