Pages

Friday, January 17, 2020

Tumbler LOVE


There are so man avenues that we can use to express ourselves in Art.

Most of the work I do, and most that I don't share for no reason other than I am busy and become forgetful, involves glitter.

One of my favorite works is a nice, burgundy tumbler with a bit of gold.

I have been dabbling in tumblers and cannot wait to share all of the colorful projects that I am working on - glitter or not :)

This tumbler is a 20 oz skinny tumbler that I intend to add a monogram for my daughter.

There has been a lot of talk of custom tumblers erywere you look - but making them is really a work of art.

For this tumbler I applied a VERY thin layer of epoxy (not recommended without proper personal protective equipment [PPE]), and then added the glitter until the "wet" appearance is no longer visible.

The epoxy method is the best way to apply glitter as the least amount of glitter is needed.

The glitters used for this project are Boudreaux and (the BEAUTIFUL) Pandora, from PDB Blanks.

I will show the finished cup/tumbler on my Instagram when it is completed!!  Please subscribe @everysparemoment if interested to see it!!

No comments: